PREPARING YOUR VIDEO PRESENTATION:
We request you to prepare and upload a video of your presentation, comprised of a brief introduction with webcam, if desired, followed by voice over slides for your presentation. This will be considered as a replacement of your attendance at the conference, and is a requirement for your paper to remain in IEEE Xplore.
*We strongly encourage you to use the Conference PowerPoint template available at https://wcci2020.org/docs/wcci_powerpoint_template.pptx
In order for videos to be verified by the technical program committee, there is considerable urgency in preparing and uploading your video. Accordingly, we ask you that you please finalize and upload your video by Monday, June 29th.
There are several video conferencing tools available to easily record your presentation. In this method, you can show your face via webcam (if you’d like) and display your slides as you talk. You can use any meeting software as long as you get a high-quality recording and your final file is in MP4 format. Here are some links to instructions on recording a meeting on common platforms:
- WebEx: Video Conferencing – Record a Cisco Webex Meeting
- Skype: Skype for Business: Recording a Meeting | Information Technology Services | Bemidji State University
- Google Meet: Record a video meeting – Meet Help
- Zoom: Local Recording – Zoom Help Center
- Gotomeeting: How to Record a GoToMeeting Session | Techwalla and How to Convert and Open the GoToMeeting Recordings
- Microsoft Teams: Record a meeting in Teams – Office Support
You can also use the two-step method covered below:
Our recommended approach to record a compatible video from content displayed on your computer screen and voice recorded via the computer microphone, is to record the presentation using Zoom, available to users on most platforms and in most countries:
Instructions for recording your presentation with Zoom: https://ieeetv.ieee.org/mobile/video/recording-your-presentation-with-zoom
GUIDELINES FOR PREPARING YOUR VIDEO:
Oral papers: duration 15 minutes (max), limited to 150MB file size
Poster papers: duration 10 minutes (max), limited to 100MB file size (can be voice over multiple PPT slides similar to standard oral presentations or can be a single poster slide).
Video file format: mp4
Dimensions: Minimum height 720 pixels, aspect ratio: 16:9
As a reminder, we ask you that you please finalize and upload your video by Monday, June 29th. Videos that are not received by the deadline will be considered no-shows.We thank you for your cooperation in this endeavor.
- All files must be in MP4 Format
- Less than or equal to 1mbps bitrate: To check the bit rate, right click on the file name, click on properties, go to the details tab, and look for total bitrate.
- Resolution = maximum 720p HD
- Please use the following naming convention: PaperID.mp4, where PaperID is your 5 digit Paper ID from the paper submission system.
TIPS FOR RECORDING:
- Use as quiet an area as possible
- Avoid areas that have echo
- Rooms should be fairly small
- Sound dampening with carpeting, curtains, furniture
- Hardline internet connection recommended, but if unavailable, a strong Wi-Fi connection
- Good headset with microphone close to mouth BUT away from direct line of mouth to reduce “pops”. Avoid using default built-in microphone on computer.
- Perform a test recording of a couple of minutes and review the sound and picture quality, MP4 format, and bit rate before recording the entire presentation. Make adjustments if needed.
UPLOADING YOUR VIDEO (DEADLINE: MONDAY, JUNE 29)
Details to be provided shortly.