- WCCI 2020
- Student Activities
- Contact Us
Kaisa Miettinen is Professor of Industrial Optimization at the University ofJyvaskyla. Her researchinterests include theory, methods, applications and software ofnonlinear multiobjective optimization including interactive and evolutionary approaches. She heads the Research Group onMultiobjective Optimization and is the director of the thematic research area called Decision Analytics utilizing Causal Models and Multiobjective Optimization (DEMO, www.jyu.fi/demo). With her group she develops an open source software framework for interactive multiobjective optimization methods (DESDEO, desdeo.it.jyu.fi/).
She has authored over 170 refereed journal, proceedings and collection papers, edited 14 proceedings,collections and special issues and written a monograph on Nonlinear Multiobjective Optimization. She is a member of the Finnish Academy of Science and Letters, Section of Science and has served as thePresident of the International Society onMultiple Criteria Decision Making (MCDM). She belongs to the editorial boards of eight international journals. She has previously worked at IIASA, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis in Austria, KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden and Helsinki School of Economics in Finland. In 2017, she received the Georg Cantor Award of the International Society on MCDM for independent inquiry in developing innovative ideas in the theory and methodology of MCDM.
– was selected as the vice-chairman of the Mathematics and Computer Science Group of the Finnish Academy of Science and Letters for the term 2019-2023
– was appointed to be Jyväskylä’s first Congress Ambassador for the term 2018-2019 – Information about the appointment – University’s internal bulletin about the appointment
– was appointed as the chair of Panel 1, Mathematics and Statistics of the Finnish Publication Forum for the term 2018-2021
– on July 13, 2017, received the Georg Cantor Award of the International Society on Multiple Criteria Decision Making
– on August 6, 2015, received the MCDM Presidential Service Award of the International Society on Multiple Criteria Decision Making
– was invited to be a member of the Finnish Academy of Science and Letters, Section of Science, on April 11, 2014
Jyväskylä Convention Bureau awarded MCDM2011 for the Marketing Act of the Conference Year 2011 on November 9, 2011
– on June 16, 2011, received the MCDM Conference Chairmanship Award of the International Society on Multiple Criteria Decision Making
– on April 14, 2010, received a recognition from the MASI – Modeling and Simulation programme of Tekes (the Finnish funding agency for innovation) for successful leadership of the project “Multiobjective Optimization and Multidisciplinary Decision Support”, for creating an inspiring atmosphere among the research groups and for active participation in the MASI programme
– on December 14, 2009, was awarded the Väisälä Award of the Finnish Academy of Science and Letters in the field of mathematics for my research achievements
– was chosen as the Researcher of the Year at Helsinki School of Economics in 2007